“Dear Opa’s, I was not aware that it was legal to sell ecstasy in packages of 8. ...your jalapeño cheese sausages are literally the best item at any store… Thank you, really… thank you!”
Alex D. Waco, TX
Opa’s Premium Knackwurst and Kraut
• 4 Opa’s Premium Knackwurst
• 6 cups shredded cabbage
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup shredded carrot
• 1 teaspoon caraway seed
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 4 slices process Swiss cheese, torn (4 ounces)
1. Make slits in Opa’s Premium Knackwurst at 1-inch intervals, cutting to, but not through, opposite side. Set aside.
2. In a 12-inch skillet combine cabbage, water, onion, carrot, caraway seed, pepper, and salt. Arrange Opa’s Premium Knackwurst atop cabbage mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until cabbage is tender and Opa’s Premium Knackwurst is heated through.
3. Remove Opa’s Premium Knackwurst from skillet; keep warm. Drain cabbage mixture. Add Swiss cheese to cabbage. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Serve cabbage with Knackwurst.
Makes 4 servings.