“Stopped by Opa’s while passing through Fredericksburg to pick up a few “Thank You” items for a gift basket. Very Friendly Staff - Some of the friendliest folks I’ve met in a long while!”
Opa’s Premium Knackwurst and Kraut
• 4 Opa’s Premium Knackwurst
• 6 cups shredded cabbage
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup shredded carrot
• 1 teaspoon caraway seed
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 4 slices process Swiss cheese, torn (4 ounces)
1. Make slits in Opa’s Premium Knackwurst at 1-inch intervals, cutting to, but not through, opposite side. Set aside.
2. In a 12-inch skillet combine cabbage, water, onion, carrot, caraway seed, pepper, and salt. Arrange Opa’s Premium Knackwurst atop cabbage mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until cabbage is tender and Opa’s Premium Knackwurst is heated through.
3. Remove Opa’s Premium Knackwurst from skillet; keep warm. Drain cabbage mixture. Add Swiss cheese to cabbage. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Serve cabbage with Knackwurst.
Makes 4 servings.