I grill every weekend. I eat sausage every weekend. Got your Jalapeno Cheddar at Central Market. Best i have ever had. Keep up the good work.
Adam Brown via e-mail
Opa’s Rustic Potato Salad
• 1 pound any Opa's Smoked Sausage
• 2 pounds new potatoes
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
• 1/4 cup cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon dried dill
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 4 large radishes, thinly sliced
1. Put the potatoes in a large kettle with water to cover and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender. Drain and cool until they are easily handled.
2. Preheat the broiler. Cut the Opa’s Smoked Sausage diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place the slices on a rack in a shallow pan, place the pan under the broiler, and cook the sausage until lightly browned. Turn the sausage and brown the other side. Remove the sausage to paper towels which will absorb excess fat. This can also be done in a frying pan.
3. Place the oils in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery to the skillet and sauté until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
4. To make the dressing, add the remaining ingredients, except radishes, to the skillet and blend well with a fork.
5. Cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a large serving bowl. Add Opa’s Country Blend Smoked Sausage, radishes, and dressing and toss gently to mix. Serve the salad warm or at room temperature.