“Stopped by Opa’s while passing through Fredericksburg to pick up a few “Thank You” items for a gift basket. Very Friendly Staff - Some of the friendliest folks I’ve met in a long while!”
Receive updates on specials, news, recipes, and upcoming events!
Opa’s Smoked Peppered Ham, Bacon and Gruyère Strata
Opa’s Smoked Peppered Ham
, Bacon and Gruyère Strata
• 4 slices Opa’s Smoked Sliced Peppered Bacon
, cooked and crumbled (drained)
• 3/4 cup Opa’s Smoked Peppered ham
• 2 cups fat-free milk
• 1 cup chopped green onions
• 1 cup egg substitute
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
• 12 ounces sourdough French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 10 cups), toasted
• Cooking spray
• 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
Combine milk, green onions, egg substitute, mustard, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add bread cubes and Opa’s Smoked Peppered ham; stir well to combine. Pour into a 2-quart baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Uncover dish, and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Opa’s Smoked Sliced Peppered Bacon. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until bread mixture is set and cheese is bubbly.